- Put the tea bagged malted barley flour, water, and cooked rice into a rice cooker pot.
- Set the rice cooker to warm for 4 to 8 hours.
- If you don’t have a rice cooker, apparently you can use your oven. Keep it at the lowest temperature for 4 to 8 hours.
- When it’s ready, remove the tea bags then pour the liquid over to a large pot.
- Add the sugar into the large pot and boil it on high heat until the sugar dissolves (5 to 10 minutes).
- Cool down the drink then transfer it to the fridge to chill.
- To serve, pour the chilled sikhye into a cup. Scoop out some reserved rice from step 2.
- Add some pine nuts and/or dried jujube to garnish.